Serves 6. Prep Time: 5 minutes. Cook Time: 12 minutes. Total Time: 17 minutes
1 c. all purpose flour.
3/4 c whole wheat flour
3 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 medium beets, roasted & pureed (about 3/4 c.)
1 1/4 c. milk
1/3 c. plain greek yogurt
1 large egg
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Sift the first 5 ingredients into a bowl.
2. Place the rest of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk thoroughly to combine.
3. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until just combined (you don’t want to overstir the batter — some lumps are good).
4. Drop about 2 tbsp of the pancake mixture onto a greased griddle or pan over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
5. Serve with desired accompaniments.
* To freeze: Place the pancakes in labeled zipper bags and freeze for up to 3 months
Accompaniments: honey, maple syrup, butter, raspberry sauce
Recipe from Weelicious.com